(MENAFN - Morocco World News) Rabat – During the Council of Minister that he chaired on Sunday at Casablanca's Royal Palace, King Mohammed VI appointed 13 new ambassadors of Morocco to different countries and organizations, including Cuba and the African Union.
The appointment of new ambassadors comes in accordance with Article N° 49 from the constitution and suggestion from the Head of Government and initiative from the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
The list of the new appointee ambassadors is as follows:
– Omar Zniber: Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Morocco to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva.
– Mustapha Mensouri: Ambassador of Morocco to Saudi Arabia.
– Karim Benaich: Morocco's Ambassador to Spain.
– Aziz Mekouar: Ambassador to China.
– Mohammed Aroussi: Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Morocco to the African Union.
– Hamid Chebbar : Ambassador to Mauritania
– Othman Bahnini : Ambassador to Portugal
– Faouzi Achabi : Ambassador to the Republic of Ukraine.
– Fadil Banaich: Ambassador to Romania.
– Hanane Saadi: Ambassador to Czech Republic.
– Mohammed Ferhat: Ambassador to Ghana.
– Boughaleb Al Attar: Ambassador to Cuba.
The appointment of a new ambassador to Cuba comes few months after Morocco and Cuba decided to re-establish their diplomatic ties 37 years after Morocco decided to sever its ties with the Caribbean country over its support for the Polisario and its self-proclaimed Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic.