( MENAFN Editorial )
We forecast growth across Israel's freight modes in 2015. This will be especially welcome at the country's ports which have struggled with declining volumes over the past two years. Growth will be supported by a number of factors both internal and external not least of which is the ongoing recovery in major export partner the eurozone. Ongoing investment into freight transport infrastructure will also support growth over the long term although we note that it might continue to disrupt operations in the short term as workers at the major Mediterranean ports protest against the establishment of new privately operated facilities. Further to the risk posed by business developments the volatile situation in Gaza offers serious risk to our macroeconomic forecasts for the country and so also to our freight transport projections.
Full Report Details at
Headline Industry Data
* 2015 air freight growth is forecast at 1.7% following an estimated expansion of 1.4% in 2014; we project average growth of 2.0% per annum to 2019.
* 2015 Port of Haifa tonnage throughput is forecast to return to growth at 3.2% following an estimated decline in 2014. We forecast that the facility will average growth of 3.8% to 2019 though this will be insufficient to recoup lost volumes.
* 2015 rail freight tonnage is forecast to grow by 3.3% and to average 3.0% to 2019.
* Total trade growth in real terms in 2015 is forecast to grow 3.2% and average 3.7% to 2019.
Key Industry Trends
New Freighter For CAL: CAL Cargo purchased a new B747-400ERF freighter plane in H214 which will operate between its hub in Liége Belgium to Latin American and Asian destinations. This takes the number of dedicated freighter planes in the carrier's fleet to three expanding its capacity while many competitors are drawing down.
Return Of Zim Will Cut Shipping Costs: The port of Haifa will resume its role as the East Mediterranean transhipment hub for Israel's national carrier - Zim - thereby reducing transport costs for importers...
The Israel Freight Transport Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road rail air and water; industry forecasts company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends opportunities projects and regulatory changes.
BMI Research's Israel Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists sector analysts investors trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Israeli freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Israel to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Israeli freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends regulatory changes and major deals projects and investments in Israel.
* Assess the activities strategy and market position of your competitors partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI’s key industry forecasts views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics regulatory changes major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major strengths weaknesses opportunities and threats within the freight transport sector and within the broader political economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast including:
* Transport Sector: Total freight carried by road rail inland waterways maritime air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes).
* Trade: Exports and imports (USDmn) by category of goods (manufactured goods food chemicals etc.); top five import and export trade partners (USDmn); imports/exports to each global region (USDmn)
* Port Data: Throughput (‘000 tonnes) for all major ports in the state.
* Oil Products Prices: Price forecasts for gasoline and aviation fuel (USD/bbl) at all major global energy trading hubs.
* Economic Indicators: Nominal GDP (USDbn); real GDP growth (%); GDP per capita (USD); industrial production (%); unemployment (%)
Details of the freight infrastructure in each state by segment (road rail air water and pipelines). Full analysis of the competitive landscape within each segment.
Industry Trends and Developments
Analysis of the latest projects across the freight transport sector (road rail air sea and logistics) including a market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
The Freight Transport market reports contain a chapter detailing the political outlook of a given region examining the domestic politics long-term outlook and foreign policy and assessing the impact this could have on freight and transport businesses.
Examines the short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI’s industry forecasts our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate company SWOT analyses.
The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
The Freight Transport reports draw on an extensive network of primary sources such as multilateral organisations government departments industry associations chambers and company reports
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.