( MENAFN Editorial )
Activity levels across Malaysia's different freight modes will see moderate to strong growth even though we expect GDP and foreign trade growth to lose a little momentum in 2015. With infrastructure investment plans advancing Malaysia will be gradually expanding its freight capacity to match demand. Air freight potentially affected by aviation disasters in 2014 will nevertheless achieve low single digit growth. Rail freight is expected to do slightly better than air freight. With regard to shipping gross tonnage and container volume growth will pick up as both exports and imports continue to grow despite worries over piracy and a slight easing of domestic consumption.
Full Report Details at
BMI expects a slowdown in Malaysian economic growth in 2015 with GDP rising by 4.2% compared to an estimated 5.8% in 2014. The slowdown will reflect weaker domestic consumption and export demand. The expected introduction of a 6.0% goods and services tax (GST) in April 2015 a likely reduction in fuel subsidies and higher electricity tariffs as the government seeks to control the fiscal deficit will combine to limit household spending. Meanwhile the slowdown in China one of Malaysia's key trading partners will restrain export demand. China is Malaysia's third largest export destination accounting for 13.4% of total exports in 2013. We believe that the recovery in the US will be unable to fully offset the drag from the decline in Chinese demand resulting in slower export growth in 2015. Over the medium term (2015-2019) we expect annual Malaysian economic growth to average 4.1%.
Headline Industry Data
* Malaysia's total trade is forecast to grow 4.45% in 2015 a slight dip on the 4.73% expansion estimated in 2014.
* Total cargo volume handled at Port Klang will rise by 1.4% to 202.33mn tonnes in 2015 while volume at the port of Tanjung Pelepas will rise by a higher 3.69% to 131.02mn tonnes.
* Rail freight volume is projected to rise 3.0% to 14.02mn tonnes in 2015.
The Malaysia Freight Transport Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road rail air and water; industry forecasts company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends opportunities projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Malaysia Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists sector analysts investors trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Malaysian freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Malaysia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Malaysian freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends regulatory changes and major deals projects and investments in Malaysia.
* Assess the activities strategy and market position of your competitors partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI’s key industry forecasts views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics regulatory changes major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats within the freight transport sector and within the broader political economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast including:
* Transport Sector: Total freight carried by road rail inland waterways maritime air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes).
* Trade: Exports and imports (USDmn) by category of goods (manufactured goods food chemicals etc.); top 5 import and export trade partners (USDmn); imports/exports to each global region (USDmn).
* Port Data: Throughput (‘000 tonnes) for all major ports in the state.
* Oil Products Prices: Price forecasts for gasoline and aviation fuel (USD/bbl) at all major global energy trading hubs.
* Economic Indicators: Nominal GDP (USDbn); real GDP growth (%); GDP per capita (USD); industrial production (%); unemployment (%).
Details of the freight infrastructure in each state by segment (road rail air water and pipelines). Full analysis of the competitive landscape within each segment.
Industry Trends and Developments
Analysis of the latest projects across the freight transport sector (road rail air sea and logistics) including a market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
The Freight Transport market reports contain a chapter detailing the political outlook of a given region examining the domestic politics long-term outlook and foreign policy and assessing the impact this could have on freight and transport businesses.
Examines the short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI’s industry forecasts our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate Company SWOT analyses.
The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
The Freight Transport Reports draw on an extensive network of primary sources such as multilateral organisations government departments industry associations chambers and company reports
*Company profiles are not available for every country. Those reports instead contain information on the current activities of prominent companies operating in the market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.