( MENAFN Editorial )
Global economic headwinds that continue to circle are set to weigh on export growth and therefore adversely affect South Korea's freight industry over the short term. The South Korean freight modes are set to register steady if uninspiring growth in 2015 as a result.
Meanwhile we believe the larger budget will result in fiscal strain in the short term as the government has projected revenues of 3.6% growth year-on-year (y-o-y) to grow at a slower rate than expenditure increases of 5.7% y-o-y. While we expect the Korean economy to grow at a slightly faster rate next year our forecast of 3.6% real GDP growth remains below consensus of 3.8% growth.
The South Korean road freight sector is once more set to be the outperformer in terms of mode in y-o-y growth at 4.00% in 2015. Rail and air freight will see slightly lower gains this year (3.15% and 2.26% respectively) while the port of Busan will outperform domestic peer Incheon in tonnage throughput terms (5.50% compared to 2.00%).
Full Report Details at
Headline Industry Data
* 2015 air freight tonnage throughput forecast to increase by 2.26%.
* 2015 rail freight tonnage throughput forecast to grow by 3.15%.
* 2015 road freight tonnage throughput forecast to rise by 4.00%.
* Total trade (imports plus exports) is set to grow by 4.05% in real terms in 2015.
* The port of Busan will see gross tonnage growth increase by 5.50% in 2015.
* The port of Incheon is forecast to see gross tonnage growth of 2.00% in 2015.
Key Industry Trends
NOL Acquisition Interests CJ Korea Express : CJ Korea Express is toying with the idea of purchasing NOL's logistics business International Shipping News reported in October 2014. The news source also quoted Jon Windham an analyst at Barclays Plc in Hong Kong as asserting: 'The logistics business has been a consistent profit generator.' APL Logistics could net NOL in the region of USD1bn if it is sold in its entirety.
Asiana Takes Delivery Of First 747-8 Freighter: South Korea's Asiana Airlines...
The South Korea Freight Transport Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road rail air and water; industry forecasts company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends opportunities projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s South Korea Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists sector analysts investors trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Korean freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on South Korea to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Korean freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends regulatory changes and major deals projects and investments in South Korea.
* Assess the activities strategy and market position of your competitors partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI’s key industry forecasts views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics regulatory changes major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats within the freight transport sector and within the broader political economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast including:
* Transport Sector: Total freight carried by road rail inland waterways maritime air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes).
* Trade: Exports and imports (USDmn) by category of goods (manufactured goods food chemicals etc.); top 5 import and export trade partners (USDmn); imports/exports to each global region (USDmn).
* Port Data: Throughput (‘000 tonnes) for all major ports in the state.
* Oil Products Prices: Price forecasts for gasoline and aviation fuel (USD/bbl) at all major global energy trading hubs.
* Economic Indicators: Nominal GDP (USDbn); real GDP growth (%); GDP per capita (USD); industrial production (%); unemployment (%).
Details of the freight infrastructure in each state by segment (road rail air water and pipelines). Full analysis of the competitive landscape within each segment.
Industry Trends and Developments
Analysis of the latest projects across the freight transport sector (road rail air sea and logistics) including a market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
The Freight Transport market reports contain a chapter detailing the political outlook of a given region examining the domestic politics long-term outlook and foreign policy and assessing the impact this could have on freight and transport businesses.
Examines the short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI’s industry forecasts our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate Company SWOT analyses.
The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
The Freight Transport Reports draw on an extensive network of primary sources such as multilateral organisations government departments industry associations chambers and company reports
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.