(MENAFN - Arab Times) Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait Shulan Primavera is now in Manila after being ordered by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to return to the country to face the investigation panel created by the Department of Foreign Affairs and answer personally the complaint of sexual molestation filed against him by his former housemaid who worked for her in Kuwait for eight months. The DFA disclosed on Wednesday that it is now investigating the allegations against Primavera.
Mabel, 28, a runaway maid who worked at the Ambassador's household appeared last week on TV Patrol, a primetime news programme of ABS-CBN in Manila accusing him of sexually molesting her when his partner went home to the Philippines for vacation. She is now under the custody of the Blas Ople Foundation that has provided her with a legal counsel.
DFA Spokesperson Raul Hernandez says that a committee had been created to conduct the probe on Primavera and it has now started the investigation. Mabel and another former housemaid who corroborated the former's statement are also set to face the investigation panel.
Primavera who was fuming mad, earlier denied all the allegations on TV and pointed that these were all lies. He cited that his predecessor had a hand in this machination. He added that it is purely and obviously a demolition job against him by his predecessor, former Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait Ricardo Endaya.
After being pinpointed by Primavera, Endaya denied on TV having a hand on the issue for he was busy with the repatriation of Overseas Filipino Workers trapped in the conflict in Syria. He urged to let the investigating body probe on the matter to ferret out the truth.
For now, Mabel through his lawyer Reynaldo Robles has filed administrative charges against Primavera before the DFA. However, Robles stated that aside from the administrative charges, they are also studying the filing of other criminal cases against the ambassador. He said that Primavera could also be charged with trafficking and forced labour after he allegedly took household workers from the Filipino Workers Resource Centre (FWRC) in Kuwait and the envoy had not paid them the right wages.