Macron, Trump agree to work together if new Syria chemical attack
PARIS: President Emmanuel Macron agreed with U.S. President Donald Trump in a phone call on Tuesday that they would work together to find a common response in case of a new chemical attack in Syria, the French presidency said in a statement.
Macron also invited Trump to attend the July 14 Bastille Day celebrations in Paris which will this year commemorate 100 years since the United States joined World War One.
The French leader has previously said that Paris could launch unilateral air strikes against targets in Syria if a chemical attack took place.
(Reporting by Marine Pennetier; writing by John Irish; editing by Michel Rose)
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment