Tuesday, 02 January 2024 12:17 GMT

'Millennium' author backs newspaper boycott


(MENAFN- Arab News) STOCKHOLM: The Swedish author of the highly-anticipated sequel to the Millennium crime trilogy said Tuesday he supported a Danish newspaper boycott of him over his publisher's refusal to let literary critics read the book in advance.
The boycott concerns David Lagercrantz's book 'The Girl in the Spider's Web' the fourth installment of Stieg Larsson's best-selling Millennium trilogy which is due for release in 25 countries on Thursday and in the United States on Sept. 1.
Larsson who created the series died 11 years ago and in December Swedish publisher Norstedts said it had commissioned Lagercrantz to write a fourth instalment although details of the plot have been shrouded in secrecy.
Media interviews with Lagercrantz ahead of the book's launch have been subjected to rigorous confidentiality agreements and Danish daily Politiken said it had been offered an interview with him in early June.



Arab News

Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.



Search