(MENAFN - Pajhwok Afghan News) (Pajhwok): Over 2.038 million pilgrims will perform the Islamic ritual of this year, The Governor of Makkah region says on Tuesday.
Prince Khalid Al-Faisal who is also Advisor to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Chairman of the Central Hajj Committee, announced there was 11 percent increase in the total number of pilgrims this year compared to last year.
He said the number of Qatari pilgrims who arrived in the kingdom through Salwa crossing has reached 443 pilgrims until today.
During a press conference he held at the governorate's headquarters in Muzdalifah today following his tour of a number of projects in the holy places, Prince Khalid Al Faisal thanked the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and his deputy for their keenness and interest in everything that serves pilgrims.
He said that the number of pilgrims who arrived in the Kingdom until 5 pm on Monday amounted to one million and two hundred and seven thousand pilgrims.
He highlighted efforts and projects for development of the holy places and for serving pilgrims.
Prince Khalid Al-Faisal stressed that no violator will be allowed to bypass the regulations.
He pointed out that there are no special conditions for the Iranian pilgrims, but there are general conditions for organizing the Hajj. We receive pilgrims and provide them with services without discrimination.