Monday, 16 September 2019 02:35 GMT
img

Morocco- Food Stand in Jmaa el-Fna Catches Fire




(MENAFN - Morocco World News) A fast food cart caught fire in Jmaa el-Fna, the large public square in Marrakech, on Monday evening. An investigation concluded that the fire was the result of a short circuit. The operators of the food cart were using too many pieces of electrical equipment simultaneously.

Local sources say that there was an explosion before the fire that caused a panic among the visitors in the square. Authorities got the fire under control, and there were no casualties.

Last June, a fire in a shopping mall in Marrakech caused significant damage to the store's wares, but no casualties.

Electrical safety standards encourage people to be aware of their electricity usage and the quality and arrangement of cords, outlets and equipment. Multiple extension cords and power strips should not be connected at the same time, because it is a hazard that can cause fires, burns, or property damage.

data-ad-client="ca-pub-9546318280945074" data-ad-slot="9241175969">


Morocco- Food Stand in Jmaa el-Fna Catches Fire

Authors_Square_PromoteArticle_Ink2019

  Most popular stories  

Day | Week | Month