(MENAFN - Saudi Press Agency)
26. The two leaders agreed to strengthen cooperation between educational institutions universities and higher research
institutions of the two countries.
27. Both leaders emphasized the importance of continued promotion of scientific and technological collaboration
including in the areas of renewable energy including solar Information and Communication technology space
technology sustainable development arid agriculture desert ecology urban development healthcare and biotechnology.
28. Recognizing the vibrant people to people contacts that provided strong bonds between the two countries the two
leaders lauded the valuable role of the Indian community in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its contribution to the progress and
development of both India and Saudi Arabia. They welcomed the signing of an agreement on labour cooperation for
recruitment of General Category Workers. Both sides also welcomed the establishment of a Joint Working Group on
Consular issues under the umbrella of the Indian-Saudi Joint Commission to discuss consular issues on a
29. Prime Minister Modi conveyed his sincere appreciation for the excellent arrangements made by the Saudi authorities
for the comfort of the Haj and Umrah pilgrims from India.
30. The two leaders discussed regional and international issues of mutual interest including the security situation in West
Asia Middle East and South Asia in the light of their common interest in the regional and global peace security and
stability. Referring to the earlier declarations with regard to the situations in Yemen and Syria they called for the
implementation of relevant UN Security Council resolutions (2216 2254 and 2268). They also expressed grave
concern regarding security situation in Libya and Iraq. In this regard they reiterated the importance of peaceful
resolution of these issues through dialogue and political negotiations.
01:37 LOCAL TIME 22:37 GMT