( MENAFN Editorial )
Our view on the UAE's freight transport sector remains overwhelmingly positive. Although our forecast for real GDP growth is for real GDP growth of 4.0% in 2015 - marginally stronger than the 3.9% we estimated for 2014 but slower than 2013's expansion of 5.2% - we expect that growth across most freight transport modes will range between 5.0% and 11.0% driven by a trade expansion of 6.4%. Port Khalifa will be the outperformer where we project that throughput will expand by 10.9%. The country dominates the freight transport sector in the region and its continued expansion to its ports and airports now being matched by investment into the developing rail network will ensure this remains the case.
Full Report Details at
Headline Industry Data
* 2015 air freight tonnes through Dubai International Airport forecast to grow by 5.8% and to average 4.9% to 2019.
* The Khalifa Port is forecast to enjoy gross tonnage handling growth of 10.9% in 2015. Growth over the medium term will average 10.0%.
* The UAE's total trade real growth in 2015 forecast to be 6.4% and to average 4.8% over the medium term to 2019.
Key Industry Trends
Expansions Keeping UAE Ports Ahead Of The Game: One of the reasons the shipping sector in the UAE is so successful is because its ports are constantly improved and expanded. As demand for the facilities grows they continue to add new berths and invest in new state-of-the-art infrastructure. This is highlighted by the expansion of the port of Jebel Ali to 19mn TEUs capacity which is expected to be completed in 2019 and by a recent deal to expand Port Khalifa. UAE-based Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB) has signed an AED300mn (USD81.68mn) financing agreement with local port operator Abu Dhabi Terminals to develop the facility. The operator will use the funds to build new facilities and increase the capacity of the terminal. The port's capacity will be increased from 2mn twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) to 2.5mn TEUs by 2017 according to Chief Financial Officer...
The United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road rail air and water; industry forecasts company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends opportunities projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists sector analysts investors trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Emirati freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on United Arab Emirates to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Emirati freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends regulatory changes and major deals projects and investments in United Arab Emirates.
* Assess the activities strategy and market position of your competitors partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI’s key industry forecasts views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics regulatory changes major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major strengths weaknesses opportunities and threats within the freight transport sector and within the broader political economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast including:
* Transport Sector: Total freight carried by road rail inland waterways maritime air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes).
* Trade: Exports and imports (USDmn) by category of goods (manufactured goods food chemicals etc.); top five import and export trade partners (USDmn); imports/exports to each global region (USDmn)
* Port Data: Throughput (‘000 tonnes) for all major ports in the state.
* Oil Products Prices: Price forecasts for gasoline and aviation fuel (USD/bbl) at all major global energy trading hubs.
* Economic Indicators: Nominal GDP (USDbn); real GDP growth (%); GDP per capita (USD); industrial production (%); unemployment (%)
Details of the freight infrastructure in each state by segment (road rail air water and pipelines). Full analysis of the competitive landscape within each segment.
Industry Trends and Developments
Analysis of the latest projects across the freight transport sector (road rail air sea and logistics) including a market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
The Freight Transport market reports contain a chapter detailing the political outlook of a given region examining the domestic politics long-term outlook and foreign policy and assessing the impact this could have on freight and transport businesses.
Examines the short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI’s industry forecasts our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate company SWOT analyses.
The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
The Freight Transport reports draw on an extensive network of primary sources such as multilateral organisations government departments industry associations chambers and company reports
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.