( MENAFN Editorial )
Following energy sector reform Mexico will garner significant foreign investment. We remain optimistic toward Mexico's long-term growth outlook on the back of a booming manufacturing sector an increasingly strong private consumer and favourable demographics. We forecast real GDP growth of 3.7% in 2015 up from 2.6% in 2014.
We expect real private consumption growth in Mexico to accelerate. After slowing from 3.0% year-on-year (y-o-y) in H113 to 1.4% y-o-y in H114 we forecast real private consumption growth of 3.7% in 2015. New taxes on several consumer goods that took effect on January 1 2014 weighed on private consumption in the first half of the year. However consumer confidence has been improving signalling that the effects of the tax hikes are receding.
Mexico's booming manufacturing sector increasingly strong private consumption and favourable demographics suggest that it is well placed to see solid economic expansion. We forecast robust 4.1% average real GDP growth over the coming decade. We expect Mexico's oil sector to become an increasingly important driver of growth following energy sector liberalisation in December 2013.
Full Report Details at
Headline Industry Data
* Air freight tonnes forecast to grow 2.6% in 2015 to reach 109140 tonnes.
* Road freight tonnes forecast to grow 2.4% in 2015 to reach 541.16mn tonnes.
* Rail freight tonnes forecast to grow 3.5% in 2015 to reach 119mn tonnes.
* Port of Manzanillo total tonnage growth in 2015 is forecast to hit 7.2% to reach 32.8mn tonnes.
Key Trends And Developments: FedEx: Mexico Key To Realising LATAM Strategy
The strong demand for US imports to Mexico will drive revenue growth for US logistics operator Federal Express (Fed Ex) as components of its Latin America ground and air expansion plan which came online in 2013 and 2014 begin to pay dividends. We hold this view despite a year-on-year revenue tonne-mileage decline in its air cargo wing FEDEX Express in the first seven months of 2014.
The Mexico Freight Transport Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road rail air and water; industry forecasts company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends opportunities projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Mexico Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists sector analysts investors trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Mexican freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Mexico to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Mexican freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends regulatory changes and major deals projects and investments in Mexico.
* Assess the activities strategy and market position of your competitors partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI’s key industry forecasts views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics regulatory changes major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats within the freight transport sector and within the broader political economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast including:
* Transport Sector: Total freight carried by road rail inland waterways maritime air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes).
* Trade: Exports and imports (USDmn) by category of goods (manufactured goods food chemicals etc.); top 5 import and export trade partners (USDmn); imports/exports to each global region (USDmn).
* Port Data: Throughput (‘000 tonnes) for all major ports in the state.
* Oil Products Prices: Price forecasts for gasoline and aviation fuel (USD/bbl) at all major global energy trading hubs.
* Economic Indicators: Nominal GDP (USDbn); real GDP growth (%); GDP per capita (USD); industrial production (%); unemployment (%).
Details of the freight infrastructure in each state by segment (road rail air water and pipelines). Full analysis of the competitive landscape within each segment.
Industry Trends and Developments
Analysis of the latest projects across the freight transport sector (road rail air sea and logistics) including a market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
The Freight Transport market reports contain a chapter detailing the political outlook of a given region examining the domestic politics long-term outlook and foreign policy and assessing the impact this could have on freight and transport businesses.
Examines the short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI’s industry forecasts our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate Company SWOT analyses.
The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
The Freight Transport Reports draw on an extensive network of primary sources such as multilateral organisations government departments industry associations chambers and company reports
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.