- Investors Ideas) August 21, 2017 (Investorideas.com Newswire) A licensed producer of medical cannabis in Canada will begin trading on the Canadian Securities Exchange on Aug. 21.
Shares of , which has a 40,000 square foot hydroponic production facility in Vaughan, Ontario, will begin trading on the Canadian Securities Exchange on Monday, Aug. 21 under the symbol TRST.
The company operates under the Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulation (ACMPR). According to CannTrust, the company's strategy is to "produce the highest quality, standardized, pharmaceutical-grade cannabis products" and it is "dedicated to the 'pharmaceuticalization' of the medical cannabis market." CannTrust's product and intellectual property development teams "consist of experienced pharmacists, nurses, medical doctors and growers along with a clinically trained client support team."
CannTrust has been growing exponentially. From 4,000 active patients at the end of June 2016, the company now has 25,000.
The company's financials reflect this growth. Its Q1/17 revenue of CA$3 million is a 333% increase from Q1/16 and a 45% increase from Q4/16.
In March, CannTrust, through its Elmcliffe subsidiary, purchased a 430,000 sq. ft. greenhouse facility on 48 acres in the Niagara area and has applied to amend its license to include medical cannabis production from the greenhouse facility. The first part of the facility, 215,000 sq. ft., is expected to be operational by the end of the year, and this will substantially increase production capability.
The Vaughan facility can produce 2,500 kg of medical cannabis annually. When the Niagara greenhouse is fully operational, it will have 25,000 kg of annual medical cannabis capacity.
The company has partnered with Apotex Inc., a global generic pharmaceutical manufacturer, to develop novel dosage formats and products. According to CannTech, "Apotex has existing sales infrastructure in 85 countries that is expected to allow the rapid commercialization of new CannTrust products around the world; when such sales are permitted product formats could include gel capsules, patches, and other controlled-release dosage technologies."
CEO Eric Paul stated, "It is an important part of our business to highlight to our patients, physicians, investors and regulators that patient centric care, products and services, a culture of compliance and the highest standards can be rewarding to all stakeholders. We have an amazing team, who have built this business and we look forward to the commencement of trading of "TRST" next Monday, August 21, 2017."
CannTrust announced that it plans to release Q2 financials by Aug. 29.
1) Patrice Fusillo compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an employee. She owns, or members of her immediate household or family own, securities of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. She is, or members of her immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this interview, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of CannTrust Holdings Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
Marijuana / Hemp Stocks Like Marijuana Stocks? View our Join our Group on Linkedin -
Watch the 420 Cannabis Investor video
More Info: This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire - a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Contact each company directly regarding content and press release questions. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. More disclaimer info:
Additional info regarding BC Residents and global Investors: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: . Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.