IIT Professor and beloved teacher Harish Chandra Verma resig...| MENAFN.COM

Wednesday, 29 June 2022 12:26 GMT

IIT Professor and beloved teacher Harish Chandra Verma resigns

(MENAFN- NewsBytes)

Who is HC Verma?

A known name in Physics, Prof. Harish Chandra Verma is an experimental physicist who taught for 38 years at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, starting in 1994.

He is a leading name in nuclear physics.

He has written many school, graduate and undergraduate level books on physics; the most popular one being 'Concepts of Physics'.

Every IIT aspirant would swear by his books!

Not just a teacher but a crusader of education
Shiksha Sopan

In 2001, HC Verma co-founded an initiative called Shiksha Sopan for the social upliftment of children hailing from the economically weaker backgrounds living around the IITK campus.

The initiative helps children with their education by providing them free tuition.

Almost 500 families have been served through these free tuition which include several projects, workshops, and classes.

IIT Professor and beloved teacher Harish Chandra Verma resigns
01 Jul 2017

Professor Harish Chandra Verma, India's leading experimental physicist put in his papers and decided to retire from IIT Kanpur.

Verma announced his retirement in an emotional post on Facebook and Twitter.

Students thanked him for the role he played in their lives and wished him luck.

One student even called him "the veritable Sachin Tendulkar of Indian engineering education".

Verma bids adieu with an emotional post

In a very poignant post, HC Verma said: "Finally locked my IITK lab and submitted the keys to Office. End of 38 years of formal teaching and research."


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.