Qatar- Suicide Car Bomb Kills at Least 20 Army Recruits in Y...| MENAFN.COM

Sunday, 26 June 2022 12:04 GMT

Qatar- Suicide Car Bomb Kills at Least 20 Army Recruits in Yemen


(MENAFN- Qatar News Agency) Aden, May 23 (QNA) - A suicide car bomb killed at least 20 army recruits and injured dozens of others in the Yemeni city of Aden on Monday, medics and local officials said.
Another blast shortly afterwards at a nearby army base killed and injured several more people, local officials said.
The first attack occurred as the recruits lined up to enlist for military service at the home of a senior general in the Khor Maksar district of Aden, independent website Aden Al-Ghad reported.
The number of casualties is expected to rise due to the severity of the injuries, witnesses said.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
A similar attack occurred last week when a suicide bomber killed 27 would-be recruits among a crowd seeking to enlist in the Yemeni army in the south-eastern city of Mukalla. The ISIS claimed responsibility for that attack. (QNA)


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Newsletter