11 Bodies Recovered On Malaysia's Gunung Kinabalu
(MENAFN- QNA) Eleven more bodies were recovered on Mt Kinabalu on sunday following the 5.9 Richter scale earthquake in Ranau, Sabah.
This brought the number of victims that perished in the incident to 13. Two remains identified to be those of a local mountain guide, Robbi Sapinggi, 30, and a student from Singapore, were brought down yesterday.
Ranau district police chief DSP Mohd Farhan Lee Abdullah said the search and rescue operation for six other missing individuals would resume at 5.30 am tomorrow. Sabah Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Masidi Manjun said Mt Kinabalu would be closed to climbers for three weeks from today.
Chief Minister Musa Aman said the Malaysia Tadau Kaamatan 2015 open house scheduled to be held in Ranau tomorrow had been cancelled; he also announced that Monday would be a mourning period to remember victims who died in the incident.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak also shared his sadness with those who had lost family members in the earthquake.
He assured that every effort was being made to bring those still stranded to safety, Malaysia News Agency (Bernama) reported.
The moderate scale quake was followed by minor aftershocks which were also felt in four areas, Tambunan, Tuaran, Kota Kinabalu and Kota Belud.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.