|Report Name:||Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Comorian Insurance Industry|
|Issue Date:||June 2017|
|Brief:||The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Comoros, including:|
• An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Comoros.
• The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
• Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
• Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Comoros.
• Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
• Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
|Key Highlights:||• The Comorian insurance industry is regulated by the CRCA at the regional level and by the BCC at the national level
• Composite insurance is not permitted in the Comoros.
• Insurance companies from CIMA member states are permitted to operate in the Comoros without a license.
• 100% FDI is permitted in the Comorian insurance industry.
• Key classes of compulsory insurance include motor third-party liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries.
|Reasons To Buy:||• Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Comoros.
• Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Comorian insurance industry.
• Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
• Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.|