|Report Name:||Reinsurance in Belgium Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019|
|Issue Date:||June 2017|
|Brief:||Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Belgian reinsurance segment, including:|
• The Belgian reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
• A comprehensive overview of the Belgian economy and demographics
• Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Belgian insurance industry
• The competitive landscape in the Belgian reinsurance segment
|Key Highlights:||• Amendments to the Reinsurance Act 2009 were implemented in March 2016, renaming it the Insurance and Reinsurance Supervision Act, which aims to bring greater transparency into the operations of Belgian reinsurers.
• In February 2016, the European Union (EU) passed new data protection and security regulations, effective from May 2018, which will oblige organizations to take out cyberinsurance and reinsurance.
• In March 2016, the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) issued a circular stipulating additional specifications on the application of reinsurance cessions to the non-life catastrophe risk sub-module.
• The Solvency II regulatory framework was implemented in January 2016, and is expected to drive reinsurance demand.
|Reasons To Buy:||• Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Belgian reinsurance segment, and each category within it.
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Belgian reinsurance segment.
• Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Belgian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.||