|Report Name:||Non-Life Insurance in Belgium Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019|
|Issue Date:||June 2017|
|Brief:||Timetric’s 'Non-Life Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Belgian non-life insurance segment, including:|
• The Belgian non-life insurance segment’s detailed outlook by product category
• A comprehensive overview of the Belgian economy and demographics
• A comparison of the Belgian insurance industry with its regional counterparts
• The various distribution channels in the Belgian non-life insurance segment
• Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Belgian insurance industry
• Details of the competitive landscape in the non-life insurance segment in Belgium
• Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Belgian insurance industry
|Key Highlights:||• In February 2016, the European Union (EU) passed new data protection and security regulations, effective May 2018, which will require organizations to take out cyberliability cover.
• In November 2016, Belgium issued a policy framework on alternative transport fuels and infrastructure, including tax incentives and subsidies for electric and hybrid vehicles. It is expected to drive the category’s growth.
• In November 2014, a new Insurance Act took effect which required the inclusion of natural catastrophe cover in simple-risk fire policies.
• In June 2014, professional indemnity insurance for alternative investment fund managers was made compulsory; mandatory clinical trial liability insurance was introduced in April 2014.
• On September 4, 2014, the European Court of Justice delivered a judgment requiring motor policies to cover accidents on private land.
• Solvency ll was implemented with effect from January 2016, which is expected to consolidate the segment.
|Reasons To Buy:||• Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Belgian non-life insurance segment, and each category within it.
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Belgian non-life insurance segment.
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment.
• Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Belgian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.||