|Report Name:||Life Insurance in Belgium Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019|
|Issue Date:||May 2017|
|Brief:||Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Belgian life insurance segment, including:|
• The Belgian life insurance segment’s growth prospects by life insurance category
• Key trends, drivers and challenges for the life insurance segment
• A comprehensive overview of the Belgian economy and demographics
• The various distribution channels in the Belgian life insurance segment
• Details of the competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Belgium
• Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Belgian insurance industry
|Key Highlights:||• Belgium’s economy has recovered, with real GDP growth of 1.7% in 2014, 1.5% in 2015 and 1.3% in 2016. The National Bank of Belgium has projected GDP growth at 1.4% in 2017 and 1.6% in 2018, which is expected to positively impact life insurance growth over the forecast period.
• In April 2017, a new law abolished Article 20 of the Insurance Act of 2014, which increased the investment scope for Branch 23 insurance contracts.
• In February 2016, the maximum guaranteed rate for Branch 21 products was increased from 1.5% to 2.0%.
• Pension reforms initiated by the government in August 2015 are expected to increase demand for supplementary occupational and individual pension products.
• Solvency ll was implemented, with effect from January 2016.
|Reasons To Buy:||• Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Belgian life insurance segment, and each category within it.
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Belgian life insurance segment.
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment.
• Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Belgian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.||