|Report Name:||The Insurance Industry in The Bahamas, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019|
|Issue Date:||April 2016|
|Brief:||Timetric’s 'The Insurance Industry in The Bahamas, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Bahamian insurance industry, including:|
• The Bahamian insurance industry's growth prospects by segment and category
• A comprehensive overview of the Bahamian economy and demographics
• The detailed competitive landscape in the Bahamian insurance industry
• The various distribution channels in the Bahamian insurance industry
• Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Bahamian insurance industry
• Analysis of natural hazards in Bahamian insurance industry
|Scope:||This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in The Bahamas:
• It provides historical values for the Bahamian insurance industry for the report’s 2010–2014 review period, and projected figures for the 2014–2019 forecast period.
• It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments in the Bahamian insurance industry, with market forecasts to 2019.
• It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
• It analyzes the various distribution channels in The Bahamas.
• It profiles the top insurance companies in The Bahamas and outlines the key regulations affecting them.|
|Key Highlights:||• The Bahamian insurance industry grew at a CAGR of 4.7% during the review period .
• The life segment recovered during 2011–2014, as a result of the recovering US economy.
• Growth in high-value construction projects, including resorts, hotels and casinos, to boost tourism activity positively impact the non-life segment during the review period.
• A rise in the number of road traffic accidents, increased public awareness of healthcare, and positive momentum in the country’s economy resulted in the personal accident and health insurance segment’s growth.
• The government will be the main consumer for private health insurance, which will generate business for private health insurers over the forecast period
• Bahamian insurers reinsure nearly 60% of the risk they underwrite, and almost all the risk reinsured is placed abroad.
• Geographical proximity to the US, and factors such as familiarity with the regulatory environment and a well-developed financial services secto|
|Reasons To Buy:||• Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Bahamian insurance industry and each segment and category within it.
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Bahamian insurance industry.
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the Bahamian insurance industry.
• Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key segments.
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Bahamian insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.||