|Report Name:||Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Angolan Insurance Industry|
|Issue Date:||December 2015|
|Brief:||The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Angola, including:|
• An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Angola
• The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework
• Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country
• Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Angola
• Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations
• Details of the tax and legal systems in the country
|Scope:||• The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Angola.
• The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
• The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
• The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
• The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.|
|Key Highlights:||• The Angolan insurance industry is regulated and supervised by the Angolan Agency of Regulation and Supervision of Insurance (ARSEG) under the Ministry of Finance.
• Workmen’s compensation, motor third-party liability and aircraft liability insurance are the key classes of compulsory insurance in Angola.
• Composite insurers are permitted in the Angolan insurance industry.
• Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Angolan insurance industry.
• Insurance taxes issued in Angola are free from premium taxes.|
|Reasons To Buy:||• Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Angola.
• Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the insurance industry.
• Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
• Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.|