- Define overall technology direction (hardware, software, networking, security, etc.).
- Oversee development initiatives and technology standards.
- Develop and implement application and data architectures.
- Work closely with product and business development to define and ensure on time and on budget delivery of overall products/releases.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new and emerging technology products and solutions.
- Ensure scalability, compatibility and integration of products.
- Manage overall vendor relationships.
- Proven record of designing and implementing network, application, and data architectures in complex, real-time environments.
- Deep understanding of web business issues (e.g., online security and e-payment infrastructure, content management, site management, search engine optimization, etc.).
- Conceptual knowledge of commerce servers (e.g., MS Site Server), web servers (e.g., MS IIS), web tier products (e.g., Vignette), application servers (e.g., Apache), database technologies (e.g., Oracle, SQL), and client/server and Netcentric architecture components (e.g., COBRA, JavaBeans) and products (e.g., Tuxedo).
- Familiarity with wireless technology.
- Demonstrated ability in managing technical teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong problem solving skills, and project management expertise.
- Creativity and ability to explore new technology in a timely manner.
- (Preferably) financial services background.
- Masters or Ph.D. in an IT field from the United States and/or 7 - 10 years experience in an IT management role.