SGX Derivatives and Clearing Volumes Grow
Singapore, May 04, 2012 (Menafn - ACN Newswire via COMTEX) --Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said derivatives and clearing volumes grew in April from a year earlier but securities activity declined.
1. Securities turnover was 27% lower year-on-year at S23.5 billion; securities daily average value (SDAV) declined 27% to S1.2 billion. Compared with March 2012, SDAV was 10% down.
2. Catalist turnover was S998 million, six times that of a year earlier and up 61% from March 2012.
3. Daily average outstanding loans under the securities borrowing and lending programme totalled S26.9 million, up 39% from a year earlier.
4. Bond issues totalled 37 raising S17.4 billion versus 38 issues raising S18.6 billion a year earlier. The biggest issues were Indonesia's US2 billion 10-year note, Korea National Oil Corporation's US1 billion five-year note and Samsung Electronics America Inc's US1 billion 5-year note.
1. Derivatives volume rose 29% year-on-year to 6.3 million contracts; daily average volume (DAV) grew 28% to 322,213 contracts. On a month-on-month basis, DAV fell 9%.
2. China A50 futures volume more than tripled to 595,334 contracts while trading of Nikkei 225 futures grew 29% to 2.4 million contracts. MSCI Taiwan futures volume was 18% up at 1.5 million contracts and India's Nifty futures grew 6% to 1.1 million contracts.
3. SICOM rubber futures trading was up 27% at 14,157 contracts.
1. Volume of commodity contracts cleared grew 40% year-on-year to 13,974 contracts; iron ore swaps volume more than doubled to 7,646 contracts and sub-bitumen coal swaps activity also more than doubled to 635 contracts.
2. Volume of interest rate swaps cleared rose 11% year-on-year to S45.7 billion, bringing the cumulative volume since the November 2010 launch to S258.4 billion. Volume of new IRS transactions cleared doubled to S11.3 billion from a year earlier.
SGX Statistics at a Glance
Mar 2012Apr 2012
Number of Trading Days (Securities)2220
Securities market Turnover Volume (mil shares)36,85764,348
Securities market Turnover Value (million)28,79523,534
Securities Daily Average (million)1,3091,177
Derivatives Daily Average Volume353,683322,213
Total Number of Listed Securities768769
Total Market Capitalisation (million)870,865861,275
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is among the world's largest exchanges and Asia's second largest listed exchange. As the Asian gateway, SGX is the market of choice for investors wanting to participate in Asia's vibrant and rapidly growing economies, and for Asian issuers seeking international capital.
SGX's extensive suite of securities, derivatives and commodities products makes it Asia's most international exchange. SGX's services range from listings, trading, high-speed market access, clearing and settlement to depository services and Central Counter Party services for OTC traded derivatives. With the region's longest trading hours, and powered by cutting-edge technology, SGX is the unparalleled conduit for investment flows into and out of Asia. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Tel: 65 6236 8139
Tel: 65 6236 8658
Copyright (C) Japan Corporate News NetWork