Comptel Helps Datagroup More Easily Manage Its Complex Network Infrastructure
Ukrainian fixed-line operator increases automation to reduce operating expenses
Nov 28, 2012 (Menafn - M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --Comptel Corporation (nasdaq omx helsinki:CTL1V) today announced that it has aided Datagroup, a leading Ukrainian fixed-line communications service provider (CSP), in consolidating its resource management of the entire technical infrastructure. Datagroup needed to improve network capacity while addressing operational efficiencies and identified the need for a single, centralised view of physical and virtual network resources across its countrywide, complex infrastructure. Comptel's solution will allow the CSP to increase the automation of and streamline its operating processes, in particular, by integrating with the existing OSS/BSS systems including fault management, order management, asset management and service activation.
* Datagroup is a leading operator in the Ukrainian integrated fixed-line communications market and the segment of professional data transfer for corporate customers with 37% market share. The company is ranked #1 in the VSAT satellite communications segment in Ukraine and the CIS, with the domestic market share of 71 per cent. Datagroup is the only CSP in the country to have a special infrastructure (such as specially equipped cars, powerful mobile diesel generators and 24-hour duty maintenance crews) for the provisioning of service level agreement (SLA) services and outsourcing.
* Comptel's solution offers consolidated management of mobile, broadband and next-generation networks, and maintains a view of the physical, logical and service resources required to deliver customer services. It allows network equipment, routing and capacity information to be easily recorded, calculated and monitored, supporting the analytical and operational tasks required to maintain optimal network capacity and service quality.
* Comptel's solution also equips CSPs with an accurate reflection of their networks, helping them employ their assets efficiently with reduced operational costs, keep track of their network assets, react quickly to market changes and emerging technologies, and provide more consistent and efficient fulfillment to ultimately, improve the customer experience, reduce churn and increase profits.
* "Datagroup is providing services to the whole territory of Ukraine. With 48 offices across the region, it was really important for us to centralise our complex network infrastructure, including both active and passive equipment," said Alexander Danchenko, general director, Datagroup. "The solution provided exceeded our expectations-we count on Comptel's long-standing and successful experiences for similar projects worldwide."
* "A consolidated approach to managing services and network resources is essential in achieving the necessary reaction times and accuracy for next-generation service deployments," said Antti Koskela, CTO, Comptel. "We are focused on addressing this need, which continues to be a major challenge for operators."
* For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company's Customer Engagement solutions.
* Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company's Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Tags Comptel, Datagroup, Ukraine, fulfillment, OSS/BSS, communications service provider, CSP, operators, infrastructure
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers' communications and infotainment needs. Comptel's solutions are built on an event - analysis - action strategic framework that leverages the company's strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel's service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
Ulla Koivukoski SVP, Marketing and Communications
358 9 700 1131
1 617 960 9875
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(C)1994-2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS