Quotes: US MENA   Enter Symbol: NewsLetter: Search: advanced

Iran earmarks USD1.5b to develop oilfields  Join our daily free Newsletter

MENAFN - 23/11/2012

No. of Ratings : 0
Add to Mixx!


 


(MENAFN) Iranian Offshore Oil Company's Managing Director, Mahmoud Zirakchianzadeh, stated that the country's National Development Fund (NDF) has earmarked USD1.5 billion to develop and expand oilfields in the Persian Gulf, reported Tehran Times.

The Iranian law says that 37.5 percent of the country's oil revenue must be deposited into the fund to be used to develop oil and gas fields, whereas the remaining 62.5 percent of oil revenue is allotted for national budget spending.

The Islamic Republic plans to boost its oil production by 175,000 barrels per day (bpd) by August 2013, through executing 11 plans to develop its oil sector.

According to Iranian Oil Minister, Rostam Qasemi, by 2016, the Islamic Republic will see its oil output rising by 1.5 million bpd.

It is worth noting that Iran's recoverable oil reserves stand at nearly 160 billion barrels, ranking the country as the fourth-largest holder of recoverable oil reserves in the world.

 






  MENA News Headlines


 






Google

 
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network

MENAFN News Market Data Countries Tools Section  
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network
Arabic MENAFN

Main News
News By Industry
News By Country
Marketwatch News
UPI News
Comtex News

IPO News
Islamic Finance News
Private Equity News

How-To Guides
Technology Section

Travel Section

Search News

Market Indices
Quotes & Charts

Global Indices
Arab Indices

US Markets Details

Commodoties

Oil & Energy

Currencies Cross Rates
Currencies Updates
Currency Converter

USA Stocks
Arab Stocks
 

Algeria 
Bahrain 
Egypt 
Iraq
Jordan 
Kuwait 
Lebanon
Morocco 
Oman 
Palestine
Qatar 
Saudi Arabia 
Syria
Tunisia 
UAE 
Yemen

Weather
Investment Game
Economic Calendar
Financial Glossary

My MENAFN
Portfolio Tracker

Voting

Financial Calculators

RSS Feeds [XML]

Corporate Monitor

Events

Real Estate
Submit Your Property

Arab Research
Buy a Research

Press Releases
Submit your PR

Join Newsletters


 
© 2000 menafn.com All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertise | About MENAFN | Career Opportunities | Feedback | Help