Quotes: US MENA   Enter Symbol: NewsLetter: Search: advanced

Senex Energy extends oil bounty in the Cooper Basin  Join our daily free Newsletter

MENAFN - ProactiveInvestors - Australia - 12/11/2012

No. of Ratings : 0
Add to Mixx!


 


(MENAFN - ProactiveInvestors - Australia) Senex Energy (ASX:SXY) has found more oil at its Snatcher field in the highly productive western flank in the Cooper Basin, potentially increasing the field boundaries to the north west.

Senex, which drilled the Snatcher-9 oil appraisal well, at its PPL 240 and PEL 111 joint ventures in South Australia, has interpreted net oil pay of more than 11 metres.

This appraisal provides significant opportunities for field expansion as well as further oil discoveries.

The Snatcher-9 was a deviated well, targeting the mid-Birkhead formation, with the final bottom hole location for the well about 350 metres north west of the bottom hole location for the successful Snatcher-10 appraisal well in PPL 240.

The Snatcher-9 well, which was spudded early this month, reached a depth of 1908 metres and the wire line logs confirmed the presence of more than 13 metres gross oil column in the Birkhead formation over the interval 1768 metres to 1781.7 metres.

The Ensign Rig 48 will be moved to the Spitfire-2 appraisal well location in PEL 104, west of the Growler oil field in PRL 15.

Senex holds 60% interest in PEL 111, PEL 104, PPL 240 and PRL 15 and is the operator of the joint ventures. Beach Energy holds the remaining 40% interest.

 






  MENA News Headlines


 
Click to Apply






Google

 
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network

MENAFN News Market Data Countries Tools Section  
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network
Arabic MENAFN

Main News
News By Industry
News By Country
Marketwatch News
UPI News
Comtex News

IPO News
Islamic Finance News
Private Equity News

How-To Guides
Technology Section

Travel Section

Search News

Market Indices
Quotes & Charts

Global Indices
Arab Indices

US Markets Details

Commodoties

Oil & Energy

Currencies Cross Rates
Currencies Updates
Currency Converter

USA Stocks
Arab Stocks
 

Algeria 
Bahrain 
Egypt 
Iraq
Jordan 
Kuwait 
Lebanon
Morocco 
Oman 
Palestine
Qatar 
Saudi Arabia 
Syria
Tunisia 
UAE 
Yemen

Weather
Investment Game
Economic Calendar
Financial Glossary

My MENAFN
Portfolio Tracker

Voting

Financial Calculators

RSS Feeds [XML]

Corporate Monitor

Events

Real Estate
Submit Your Property

Arab Research
Buy a Research

Press Releases
Submit your PR

Join Newsletters


 
© 2000 menafn.com All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertise | About MENAFN | Career Opportunities | Feedback | Help