Quotes: US MENA   Enter Symbol: NewsLetter: Search: advanced

MGM to host Red Bull Racing Can finals on Nov 8  Join our daily free Newsletter

MENAFN - Muscat Daily - 06/11/2012

No. of Ratings : 0
Add to Mixx!


 


(MENAFN - Muscat Daily) For the second time, Oman is hosting an event for university students involving creativity, innovation and speed.The Red Bull Racing Can is an opportunity for the youth to design miniature cars and showcase their driving abilities, which will be put to the test as they battle it out on the race track.During the series of university races, groups of participants compete against each other with models of miniature cars driven by remote control and designed exclusively with Red Bull cans.Each team in the local competition will include the designer of the car and the contestant who will drive it by remote control. Competitors will be judged on their driving skills, which contribute to 60 per cent of the entire grade, and the remaining 40 per cent is for creativity.The two Omani students to engineer an innovative design and win the local competition will represent the sultanate in the Red Bull Racing Can World Finals in Brazil at the end of this month.Last year, Suhail Mohammed and Moatasim al Harthy walked away with honours and a chance to represent the sultanate at the World Final in England. The winning duo will again compete in the local final in a bid to retain their crown.The competition is held in association with Hobby Land and iRace. The finals at Muscat Grand Mall's (MGM) iRace Track will take place on November 8.

 






  MENA News Headlines


 






Google

 
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network

MENAFN News Market Data Countries Tools Section  
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network
Arabic MENAFN

Main News
News By Industry
News By Country
Marketwatch News
UPI News
Comtex News

IPO News
Islamic Finance News
Private Equity News

How-To Guides
Technology Section

Travel Section

Search News

Market Indices
Quotes & Charts

Global Indices
Arab Indices

US Markets Details

Commodoties

Oil & Energy

Currencies Cross Rates
Currencies Updates
Currency Converter

USA Stocks
Arab Stocks
 

Algeria 
Bahrain 
Egypt 
Iraq
Jordan 
Kuwait 
Lebanon
Morocco 
Oman 
Palestine
Qatar 
Saudi Arabia 
Syria
Tunisia 
UAE 
Yemen

Weather
Investment Game
Economic Calendar
Financial Glossary

My MENAFN
Portfolio Tracker

Voting

Financial Calculators

RSS Feeds [XML]

Corporate Monitor

Events

Real Estate
Submit Your Property

Arab Research
Buy a Research

Press Releases
Submit your PR

Join Newsletters


 
© 2000 menafn.com All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertise | About MENAFN | Career Opportunities | Feedback | Help