Quotes: US MENA   Enter Symbol: NewsLetter: Search: advanced

Alligator Energy finds more uranium  Join our daily free Newsletter

MENAFN - ProactiveInvestors - Australia - 09/10/2012

No. of Ratings : 0
Add to Mixx!


 


(MENAFN - ProactiveInvestors - Australia) Alligator Energy (ASX: AGE) has intersected uranium mineralisation at several locations along the 7 kilometre strike length of the Orion Trend hosted within its Tin Camp Creek Project in Northern Territory following broad reconnaissance drilling.

The company's tenements are located in the Alligator Rivers Uranium Province in Arnhem Land, host to nearly 1 billion pounds of high grade uranium resources and past production, including the Ranger Mine and Jabiluka.

A new area of mineralisation, known as the Mintaka Prospect, has been identified within the Orion Trend, defined from highlight intercepts of 6 metres at 663 parts per million uranium from 65 metres and 15 metres at 512 parts per million uranium from 78 metres, including 5 metres at 1,292 parts per million uranium.

The Mintaka Prospect lies 6.7 kilometres southeast of the Caramal deposit and extended mineralisation at the South Horn prospect. The system remains open to the north and west.

Drilling has also extended known mineralisation at the South Horn prospect with best intercepts of 32 metres at 678 parts per million uranium from 20 metres, including 8 metres ay 1,050 parts per million uranium.

Alligator completed 8,483 metres across 51 holes of reverse circulation and diamond drilling as of 15 September, after which the company began drilling the Caramal extension/offset.

The Caramal deposit is part of a large system of alteration and mineralisation present in the Orion Trend.

The first phase of drilling tested the 7 kilometre strike length between Caramal and South Horn within the Orion Structural Trend and identified broad zones of uranium anomalism and/or alteration, and better refined the interpreted geology.


Tin Camp Creek Project

Alligator acquired the Tin Cam Creek Project from Cameco in 2010. As part of the deal, Cameco have an option to buy back into a defined resource of over 20,000 tonnes uranium on the three Tin Camp Creek tenements purchased from them.

Cameco can buy back up to 51%, while Alligator retains the offtake rights to the remaining 49%.

Drilling in 2011 of high grade uranium at the Caramal deposit returned highlight intercepts of 14 metres at 6,991 parts per million uranium from 33 metres, 13 metres at 3,381 parts per million from 116 metres and 9 metres at 10,099 parts per million uranium from 11 metres.

The Caramal deposit hosts a maiden JORC resource of 6.5 million pounds at 0.31% uranium.

Further upside stems from the identified 7 kilometre trend of host horizon under shallow cover south of Caramal.

 






  MENA News Headlines


 
Click to Apply






Google

 
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network

MENAFN News Market Data Countries Tools Section  
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network
Arabic MENAFN

Main News
News By Industry
News By Country
Marketwatch News
UPI News
Comtex News

IPO News
Islamic Finance News
Private Equity News

How-To Guides
Technology Section

Travel Section

Search News

Market Indices
Quotes & Charts

Global Indices
Arab Indices

US Markets Details

Commodoties

Oil & Energy

Currencies Cross Rates
Currencies Updates
Currency Converter

USA Stocks
Arab Stocks
 

Algeria 
Bahrain 
Egypt 
Iraq
Jordan 
Kuwait 
Lebanon
Morocco 
Oman 
Palestine
Qatar 
Saudi Arabia 
Syria
Tunisia 
UAE 
Yemen

Weather
Investment Game
Economic Calendar
Financial Glossary

My MENAFN
Portfolio Tracker

Voting

Financial Calculators

RSS Feeds [XML]

Corporate Monitor

Events

Real Estate
Submit Your Property

Arab Research
Buy a Research

Press Releases
Submit your PR

Join Newsletters


 
© 2000 menafn.com All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertise | About MENAFN | Career Opportunities | Feedback | Help