(MENAFN - Muscat Daily) US Embassy staff returned to work as usual on Saturday after two days of protests near the diplomatic compound in Al Khuwair against an anti-Islamic film that sparked demonstrations across the region.A consular warning had been issued over the weekend warning US nationals to avoid the area due to the protests, adding that further protests could break out in the coming days ahead. Embassy officials told Muscat Daily that some functions had, however, closed early in the afternoon.''Much of the embassy staff this afternoon closed operations to relieve potential traffic congestion due to activity in the diplomatic quarter,'' said a spokesperson.The nearby British embassy released a statement on Saturday morning that warned of more protests throughout the day and warned UK nationals to stay clear of the embassy areas. However, with police roadblocks at both ends of the embassy road, there were no reports of any repeat of yesterday's demonstration.''Following from our message yesterday we believe that there will be protests again today in the vicinity of the US Embassy. To avoid any disruption please stay away from the Ministry and Embassy areas if possible,'' read the statement.When contacted, the UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office said that the UK Embassy in Oman was operating as usual.''(The British embassy staff in Muscat) are aware of the situation and are taking necessary precautions but it is a normal working day for them,'' said a spokesperson.