(MENAFN) Abu Dhabi National Energy Co (Taqa) has become the majority stakeholder of the Bergermeer Gas Storage project, the largest such venture to be built in Europe, after it acquired 24 per cent shares in the venture from Dyas B.V and Petro-Canada Netherlands B.V.
With this acquisition, Abu Dhabi government linked energy firm, which already had a 36 percent minority stake in the storage project, has now became a majority owner with the 60 percent shares. Dutch State-backed firm EBN holds remaining 40 percent shares, in the venture.
In a regulatory statement to Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange Taqa revealed the signing of the agreements with Dyas B.V., and Petro-Canada Netherlands B.V. The value of the transaction has not been disclosed.
In August 2009, the world¿s largest gas company Gazprom¿s subsidiary Gazprom Export was contracted to supply the project¿s cushion gas in exchange for gas storage services and a participating interest in operations of the facility.