Middle East North Africa - Financial Network

Demand More is a registered trade mark of MENAFN.COM

 
  Quotes: MENA   Enter Symbol: NewsLetter: Search: advanced
AFP News
[-] Text [+]



 
(MENAFN - AFP) US President Barack Obama warned Tuesday the unfolding Greek financial crisis could have a "significant effect" on European growth but said it would exert no "major shock" on the global system.

With cash-strapped Greece on the edge of default on its debt to the International Monetary Fund, Obama called the situation in the eurozone country one "of substantial ...

 
(MENAFN - AFP) Slovenia signed on Tuesday a deal to sell state-owned NKBM, the country's second largest bank, to US fund Apollo and the EBRD, the state holding SDH in charge of privatisation said.

According to the deal, Apollo will buy an 80 percent stake in NKBM with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) acquiring the remaining 20 percent, valuing the ...

 
(MENAFN - AFP) An aviation safety panel looking into the Germanwings crash that is blamed on a suicidal pilot recommended Tuesday that airlines set up mandatory support centres for staff with psychological problems.

The German taskforce also said it was open to proposals for randomised testing for alcohol, drugs and medications for pilots, following the crash that killed ...

 
(MENAFN - AFP) Airbus inked a deal to sell up to 75 of its A330 planes to a Chinese company during a visit by Prime Minister Li Keqiang to France on Tuesday in a deal worth $18 billion (16.1 billion euros) at list prices.

Airbus boss Fabrice Bergier signed a deal for 45 confirmed orders, as well as a memorandum of understanding for 30 more with the China Aviation Supplies ...

 
(MENAFN - AFP) Apple's new streaming service went live Tuesday with a flashy radio station and artist exclusives as the company that had dominated digital music through iTunes looks to the future.

Apple Music got started with the tech giant in the unusual position of being on the backfoot, as Spotify leads the fast-growing market for streaming which offers on-demand, unlimited ...

 
(MENAFN - AFP) Greece requested a two-year rescue deal with the EU in a race down to the wire before its current bailout expires Tuesday, after admitting it would fail to make an IMF payment.

The eleventh-hour appeal came amid a flurry of actions aimed at preventing a chaotic eurozone exit which could have untold repercussions on international markets and the European Union.

The ...

 
(MENAFN - AFP) Mexico beauty pageant organizers have pulled out of the Miss Universe contest, citing the "racist" remarks that the competition's co-owner and US presidential hopeful Donald Trump made about Mexicans.

It is the latest fallout from Trump's comments about migrants, which have outraged Latin Americans and the Hispanic community in the United States and prompted ...

 
(MENAFN - AFP) A US appeals court on Tuesday upheld a 2013 ruling that Apple led an illegal conspiracy to fix prices of e-books in violation of anti-trust laws.

The 2-1 ruling by a panel of the US Court of Appeals affirmed the finding that Apple spearheaded a collective effort by publishers to end price competition for e-books.

"By organizing a price-fixing conspiracy, ...

 
...
 
(MENAFN - AFP) British insurance broker Willis Group and US professional services firm Towers Watson announced plans to combine Tuesday, creating a company worth about $18 billion.

The companies said that the stock-swap merger would result in $120-$125 million in cost savings and boost both companies' client lists.

The combined company will be called Willis Towers ...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last







 
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network

MENAFN News Market Data Countries Tools Section  
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network
Arabic MENAFN

Main News
News By Industry
News By Country

Islamic Finance News
Private Equity News

How-To Guides
Technology Section

Travel Section

Search News

Quotes & Charts

Global Indices
Arab Indices

Commodoties

Oil & Energy

Currencies Cross Rates
Currencies Updates
Currency Converter

USA Stocks
Arab Stocks
 

Algeria 
Bahrain 
Egypt 
Iraq
Jordan 
Kuwait 
Lebanon
Morocco 
Oman 
Palestine
Qatar 
Saudi Arabia 
Syria
Tunisia 
UAE 
Yemen

Weather
Economic Calendar
Financial Glossary

Financial Calculators

RSS Feeds [XML]

Corporate Monitor

Events

Real Estate
Submit Your Property

Arab Research
Buy a Research

Press Releases
Submit your PR

Join Newsletters


 
© 2014 menafn.com All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertise | About MENAFN | Career Opportunities | Feedback | Help