Tuesday, 02 January 2024 12:17 GMT

DP World has no plans for share buyback


(MENAFN- Arab News) DUBAI: Dubai's DP World one of the world's biggest port operators said it had no plans to buy back any of its shares after investors approved a technical measure allowing the company to do so.
'We have no plans for a buy back but this resolution has been included in the notice for the last six years for international best practice reasons and to retain flexibility' a spokesman for DP World said in an e-mailed statement.
Earlier on Monday shareholders approved a proposal to buy back a 'limited number' of the company's shares according to a bourse filing which said investors also agreed that any shares bought by the company would be canceled and its share capital reduced accordingly.
DP World reported a 4.4 percent rise in gross container volumes on a like-for-like basis in the first quarter of 2015.



Arab News

Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Search