(MENAFN - QNA) A summary of local news released Thursday by Qatar News Agency.
- HE Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al-Thani held Thursday a meeting with The Qatar 2015 Men's Handball World Championship Organizing Committee, to get an update on the latest developments of preparations for hosting the international event.
- HE Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces Air Vice-Marshal Ghanim bin Shaheen al Ghanim met Thursday with Middle East Adviser at the United Kingdom Ministry of Defense Sir Simon Vincent Mayall and the delegation accompanying him.
- HE Minister of State for Defense Affairs Major-General Hamad bin Ali Al Attiyah met here on Thursday with Lieutenant General Sir Simon Mayall, the UK Government's senior defence adviser for the Middle East and the accompanying delegation.
- HE Minister of Labour and Social Affairs Dr. Abdullah Saleh Mubarak Al Khulaifi met here on Thursday with newly-appointed U.S. Ambassador to Qatar Dana Shell Smith.
Talks during the meeting dealt with relations of cooperation between the two countries and means of enhancing them.
- Qatar National Bank (QNB Group) announced on Thursday the acquisition of a 12.5%1 stake (both ordinary and convertible preference shares) in Ecobank Transnational Incorporated.
This strategic partnership with a leading pan-African bank is a fundamental step towards QNBs strategy of being a MEA Icon by 2017.
- Qatar Development Fund and the Fund of culture, education and social programs of N. Nazarbayev in the Republic of Kazakhstan signed here today a memorandum of understanding and cooperation.
- Qatar Petroleum (QP) has announced the official prices of Qatar's onshore and offshore crude for August, 2014. It set Qatar's onshore crude at 103.20 per barrel and the offshore crude at 101.70 per barrel.
- Qatar Stars League (QSL) clubs Al Ahli Sports Club and Al Arabi Sports Club in cooperation with the QSL handed over a cheque of QR150, 000 to Qatar Charity for Gaza here yesterday.
The Palestinian ambassador Moner Ganem to Qatar received the donation from the QSL.