(MENAFN - QNA) - Qatar and the Islamic Republic of Iran foreign ministries here on Wednesday held a round of consultations.
The round of consultations was chaired by HE Qatar's Assistant Foreign Minister for Foreign Affairs Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Rumaihi, and Iranian Assistant Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hussein Amir Abdul Lahian.
- Qatar Central Bank announced Wednesday the results of the Treasury Bills auction it held yesterday September 2.
The results showed that the Bank covered the amount auctioned by almost triple the amount. The total amount allotted by the Central Bank for the all of the Treasury Bills offered was QR4 billion. The bids for their part reached a total of more than QR11 billion.
- QNB has announced the launch of seven new product offerings in support of the important small- and medium-sized enterprises (SME) sector in Qatar.
The new package of measures include a 24-hour decision time for account turnover facilities and professional loans, tailored products for manufacturing, tourism, education, medical and healthcare sectors and the introduction of a dedicated SME business world credit card.
- Qatar Exchange (QE) index gained 96.18 points (0.7%) Wednesday when trading closed at 13,838.40 points.
The trading value decreased -40.78% to QR 466.369 million today from Tuesday's QR 787.6 million.
- The parking area behind Al Sadd Pediatric Emergency (PEC) will be closed temporarily from this week due to expansion work, Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) said in a statement.
- RasGas Company Limited (RasGas) has on Wednesday announced that Train 1 of its Barzan Gas Project (BGP), which will play a significant role in meeting Qatar's fast growing domestic energy demand, is more than 95 percent complete and is rapidly ramping up for first production of clean-burning natural gas in the first quarter of 2015, the company said in a press release.
- People suffering from urinary incontinence - loss of bladder control - have been advised to seek prompt medical advice as simple lifestyle changes or medical treatment can ease or stop discomfort caused by the condition.
- Sidra Medical and Research Center has partnered with the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (RCOG) to host a joint meeting on "Important Topics in Obstetrics and Gynecology" from November 30 to December 2, 2014.
-The first coach of the month award was announced today after the Football Development department with Prozone reviewed the match statistics for the month of August. Michael Laudrups team -Lekhwiya outperformed the other 13 QSL member clubs in a number of key technical and performance indicators.