First Target, now Albertsons SuperValu are hacked
Both companies acknowledged the intrusion in statements released overnight Thursday.
They said it was not yet clear if credit card data had in fact been stolen.
The hackers attacked June 22 at the earliest and the intrusion ended July 17 at the latest.
Both said the intrusion has been brought under control, and that their customers can make credit and debit card purchases at the stores with no reason to worry.
The break-in is reminiscent of one suffered by retail chain Target, which revealed in December that 40 million bank accounts or credit cards had been compromised when its computer system was hacked from November 27 to December 15 of last year.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment