(MENAFN - Khaleej Times) Major-general mohammed al marri states there is no change in rules and they remain the same at all the immigration branches across dubai.
the head of immigration in dubai on sunday denied a report that appeared in english media that the salary to apply for new family residence visas in dubai had been raised to dh10000 or dh9000 with accommodation.
major-general mohammed al marri director-general of the directorate general of the residency and foreigners affairs on sunday stated that the rules had not changed and remained the same at all the immigration branches across the emirate of dubai. “there is no change in salary limit for obtaining a family residence visa. there are no restrictions at all and transactions are being processed smoothly and transparently.”
updates restrictions or amendments are never introduced to visa procedures unless announced in an official statement from the ministry of interior before being implemented in dubai and other emirates at the same time he added urging media to professionally check the news from official sources.
“the directorate-general of the residency and foreigners affairs in dubai sticks to transparency in all the services being provided to its customers” the statement added.
khaleej times on friday published that sponsoring families in dubai had become dearer for expatriates who must draw a minimum individual monthly salary of dh10000 or dh9000 with accommodation to apply for visas for their spouse and children. khaleej times broke the story after speaking to residents typing centre staff and immigration officials. the same was reported by other newspapers as well since many applicants were turned down by immigration officials last week.
on sunday khaleej times contacted the official immigration call centre (amer) three times only to get different versions from the staff. one official confirmed the change in rule another said the dh10000 salary limit was applicable to egyptian nationals while a third said the new rule would come into force soon.
“it is not yet activated. we don’t know when they will activate it. maybe tomorrow or after tomorrow” he said acknowledging that it was better to apply soon as there was a proposal to change the rule.
ajay kumar an indian national whose applications to sponsor his wife and child were rejected on thursday said he was not sure if his applications would be entertained again.
another indian whose application was first rejected on tuesday said he was lucky to get special approval after he made a request to an official at the immigration centre in the airport the next day.