(MENAFN - Qatar News Agency) Doha April 29 - Enterprise Qatar (EQ) has launched a media campaign here to highlight its Khutwa entrepreneurial training programme for Qatari retirees.
Speaking to Qatar News Agency EQ Senior Manager Learning and Development Jassim Mohamed Al Baker said "Our advertising campaign aims to spread awareness on Khutwa (step forward in Arabic language) programme so that many Qatari retired men and women can benefit from it."EQ a semi-government agency launched Khutwa jointly with the General Retirement and Social Insurance Authority (GRSIA) earlier this year.
"Khutwa initiative provides vocational training to retired Qatari men and women. Once trained they will have knowledge and skills to successfully set up their own Small and Medium Enterprises" Al Baker said.
EQ will hold Khutwa training programme at Gate Mall on May 11 he said.
EQ's areas of SME development include: Business Support Services; Research and Strategy; Learning and Development; Debt Financing and Equity Financing.
EQ Client and Business Support Services Manager Hayfaa Al Marri said "We empower small companies to boost their competitiveness efficiency entrepreneurial innovation and productivity."The Business Support Services department is a gateway to other EQ programmes. EQ has set up an SME Clinic (Eyadha) which helps restructure and put back on track sick companies she said.
"It registers and assesses SMEs that need support and refers them to other EQ programmes that help clients expand capacity long-term profitability and sustainability in the market" Hayfaa said.
Under Business Services Support programme EQ backs new start-ups and existing businesses with up to 70% subsidies for consultancy services feasibility reports (Jadhwa) book-keeping and accounting (tadqeeq) and legal contracts and agreements (Oqood) while the client pays the remaining 30%" she said.
Both executives urged Qatari entrepreneurs interested in starting new business or boosting existing ones to take benefit from EQ's programmes.
EQ will hold in May workshops and programmes on finance customer services human resource training.
Trainers from EQ will focus on home-made products like garments jewellery handicraft at a workshop planned May 26.