Make MENAFN My Home Page
 
  Quotes: US MENA   Enter Symbol: NewsLetter: Search: advanced

India"s external debts stood at USD 426 bln in 2013  Join our daily free Newsletter

MENAFN - Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) - 31/03/2014
No. of Ratings : 0
Add to Mixx!


(MENAFN - #Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)) ndia's external debt stood at USD 426.0 billion at the end of December 2013, registering an increase of USD 21.1 billion, a statistical report compiled by India's Finance ministry stated Saturday



"At end-December 2013, India's total external debt stock stood at USD 426.0 billion, recording an increase of USD 21.1 billion which is an increase of 5.2 per cent," the report stated



The report stated that rise in external debt during the period was due to long-term debt particularly Non Resident Indian (NRI) deposits



The long-term debt stood at USD 333.3 billion at end-December 2013, showing an increase of 8.per cent over the end-March 2013 level, while short-term debt decreased by 4.1 per cent to USD 92.7 billion, the report stated




"Short-term debt accounted for 21.8 per cent of India's total external debt, while the remaining (78.2 per cent) was long-term debt. Component-wise, commercial borrowings accounted for 31.5 per cent of the total external debt, followed by NRI deposits (23.2 per cent) and multilateral debt (12.3 per cent), " it added



The report stated that Government's (Sovereign) external debt stood at USD 76.4 billion, (17.9 per cent of total external debt) at end-December 2013 as against USD 81.7 billion (20.2 per cent) at end-March 2013

 
 


Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)




Loading, Please wait....


 





Google

 
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network

MENAFN News Market Data Countries Tools Section  
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network
Arabic MENAFN

Main News
News By Industry
News By Country

Search News
Market Indices
Quotes & Charts

Global Indices
Arab Indices

Commodoties

Oil & Energy

Currencies Cross Rates
Currencies Updates
Currency Converter

USA Stocks
Arab Stocks
 

Algeria 
Bahrain 
Egypt 
Iraq
Jordan 
Kuwait 
Lebanon
Morocco 
Oman 
Palestine
Qatar 
Saudi Arabia 
Syria
Tunisia 
UAE 
Yemen

Weather
Economic Calendar
Financial Glossary


Financial Calculators

RSS Feeds [XML]

Corporate Monitor

Events

Real Estate
Submit Your Property

Arab Research
Buy a Research

Press Releases
Submit your PR

Join Newsletters


 
© 2014 menafn.com All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertise | About MENAFN | Career Opportunities | Feedback | Help