Quotes: US MENA   Enter Symbol: NewsLetter: Search: advanced

Saudi car rental sector to grow 20% in two years  Join our daily free Newsletter

MENAFN - Arab News - 01/01/2014

No. of Ratings : 0
Add to Mixx!


 


(MENAFN - Arab News) The volume of car rental market is poised to grow by 20 percent to reach more than SR2.4 billion in the next two years, according to Said Al-Bassami, head of transport and car rentals committee at Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI).

The expected growth rests on a number of factors, including population growth, the growing numbers of pilgrims, Umrah performers and visiting businessmen coupled with the developmental plans experienced by the Kingdom in oil and nonoil sectors, Al-Bassami told Al-Eqtisadiah daily.

Car rentals for individuals capture more than 70 percent of the overall sector activity whereas the remaining 30 percent covers contractual rental deals with governmental and private sector agencies, he said.

Normally, the car rental activity flourishes in certain seasons such as Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha festivals where rate of operation reaches 100 percent but in normal days it goes down to 70 percent, he added.

He called for removal of some obstacles facing the sector, notably the increased rates of insurance which were hiked to 100 percent in addition to circumventing by some insurance companies and absence of governmental entities as referrals for such complaints.

Despite the growing demand on car rentals, it still remains highly vulnerable
to risks where more than 20 individual customers do not abide by rental conditions, whether in terms of handing over cars at the deadline, and payment or parking of cars at different locations, he said.

Meanwhile, Anees Moumina, CEO, SEDCO Group, said the business and economic boom prevailing in the Kingdom and increased number of visitors had raised the pace of car rental demand. The car rental market is expected to hit SR4.1 billion by 2016, he added.

 






  MENA News Headlines


 






Google

 
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network

MENAFN News Market Data Countries Tools Section  
 

Middle East North Africa - Financial Network
Arabic MENAFN

Main News
News By Industry
News By Country
Marketwatch News
UPI News
Comtex News

IPO News
Islamic Finance News
Private Equity News

How-To Guides
Technology Section

Travel Section

Search News

Market Indices
Quotes & Charts

Global Indices
Arab Indices

US Markets Details

Commodoties

Oil & Energy

Currencies Cross Rates
Currencies Updates
Currency Converter

USA Stocks
Arab Stocks
 

Algeria 
Bahrain 
Egypt 
Iraq
Jordan 
Kuwait 
Lebanon
Morocco 
Oman 
Palestine
Qatar 
Saudi Arabia 
Syria
Tunisia 
UAE 
Yemen

Weather
Investment Game
Economic Calendar
Financial Glossary

My MENAFN
Portfolio Tracker

Voting

Financial Calculators

RSS Feeds [XML]

Corporate Monitor

Events

Real Estate
Submit Your Property

Arab Research
Buy a Research

Press Releases
Submit your PR

Join Newsletters


 
© 2000 menafn.com All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertise | About MENAFN | Career Opportunities | Feedback | Help