Team One Spirit: The Lakota Five Official NYC Marathon Schedule Runners at 37% of Goal to Raise 18,000 for Youth Center
One Spirit - October 28, 2013 (www.investorideas.com newswire) With the New York City Marathon only 7 days away, Team One Spirit is preparing to travel to New York , and begin several days of pre-marathon events, interviews and public appearances! Here is their official public schedule for the week- we hope you are able to join us at any of these events!
2:30pm - National Museum of American Indian Meet and Greet and Museum Tour
- Join Team One Spirit: "The Lakota Five" for a pre-marathon meet and greet and museum tour, at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, One Bowling green, New York, NY A museum tour will follow
- Meet the athletes, and director Jeri Baker of One Spirit, to learn how the team and the organization is making a difference on Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.
DATE: Thursday, 10/31
TIME: 2:30 pm
LOCATION: Address is 1 Bowling Green , New York , NY (between State and Whitehall Streets) Map
Subway: 4,5 train to Bowling Green (directly in front) 1, R train to Rector Street, R train to Whitehall St, J train to Broad Street
RSVP/Share via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/156510261226496
5:30 pm. - American Indian Community House, Pasta Dinner & Meet and Greet
- Please RSVP to this event via email as soon as possible so we can get a count
- Donations Accepted
DATE: Thursday, 10/31
TIME: 5:30 pm
LOCATION: American Indian Community House, 134 W 29th st. (between 6th and 7th Ave ) 4th floor Map
Subway: N, R or 1 train to 28th St
RSVP to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
7:30pm - Halloween parade, Greenwich Village
- Exact location to be determined, day of.
- If you are interested in meeting up with us, contact Arden (from 7:00pm onward) via text or phone (347) 564-3582 and she will give you our exact location.
DATE: Thursday, 10/31
TIME: 7:30 pm
LOCATION: West side of 6th Avenue probably between 12th to 15th sts. (You will not be able to cross 6th Ave between Canal and 16th st. Either go around above 16th, or choose a subway line that exits on the west side.)
Subway: Sugested: 1,2,3 train to 14th St, L train to 8th Ave , A,C,E train to 14th st.
or A, B, C, D, E, F, M trains to West 4th St Station, exit on West side. (This area will be very crowded.)
4pm - Parade of Nations / Opening Ceremony - Central Park
- Team One Spirit will be marching in the Parade of Nations during the opening ceremony of the NYC Marathon. The team will be in Regalia and carrying both Lakota and American flags!
- Come out and show your support!
- Seating is on a first come, first served basis
- A map for the opening ceremony can be seen here:
DATE: Friday November 1st
TIME: 4 pm
LOCATION: Spectator Entrance on W. 66th St or W. 67th st. and Central Park West
Map may be downloaded here: Opening-Ceremony.pdf
Subway: 1 train to 66th St Lincoln Center
RSVP/Share via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1432600840294663/
1pm East Meets West Drumming Circle With Red Storm Drum and Dance Troupe- Washington Square Park , Manhattan
- Join Us for an EAST MEETS WEST Drum Circle New York based Red Storm Drum Circle welcomes Team One Spirit to New York City !
- Red storm Drum & Dance troupe is a native american educational and performance group.The members are of many different native american heritages. They are drummers, dancers, story tellers, flute players and historians.
- More about Red Storm here: Red Storm Facebook Red Storm Dance & Drum Video
DATE: Saturday November 2nd
TIME: 1 pm
LOCATION: Near the fountain in Washington Square Park , Greenwich Village NYC
Entrance 5th ave & Waverly place/ Washington Square North
Subway: A, B, C, D, E, F, M trains to West 4th St Station, N, R trains to 8th St Station
RSVP/Share via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/561234610598422
Sunday, 11/3 - MARATHON DAY
8:20- NYC Marathon begins
10am - 1:30pm Drumming Circle and cheer section on Marathon Route - BQE Overpass Williamsburg Street West and Bedford Ave
- Please feel free to meet us there! Listen for the drum beat, and look for Team One Spirit signs. Great place to support our runners!
- If you need help locating us, call Arden at (347) 262-0545
DATE: Sunday November 3nd
TIME: 10 am to 1:30pm
LOCATION: BQE Overpass Williamsburg Street West and Bedford Ave Map
Subway: J, M trains to Marcy Ave
Sponsor the runners here “ be inspiring!
Can't Make it?
Televised coverage of the New York City marathon, including a new video segment on Team One Spirit: "The Lakota Five" created by the New York Road Runners (NYRR) will begin Friday, November 1, and run through Sunday night, exclusively on ABC channel 7. Tune in!
And please remember to follow us on Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates, video clips, photos and messages from the team!
More info on OneSpirit Non Profit and the runners http://www.nativeprogress.org
Source One Spirit
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire and its syndicated partner network
Get Free investor news and stock alerts: Sign up here
Published at the Investorideas.com Newswire - Big ideas for Global Investors
Disclaimer/ Disclosure:The Investorideas.com newswire is a third party publisher of news and research as well as creates original content as a news source. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Investorideas is a news source on Google news and Linkedintoday plus hundreds of syndication partners. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions, content marketing and online advertising. Contact each company directly for press release questions. Disclosure is posted on each release if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and is published for the sole interest of our readers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
BC Residents and Investor Disclaimer : Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.